First and foremost, I was impressed by the ease of navigation on the website. Finding the specific service I needed and placing an order was straightforward, and the user-friendly interface made the entire process hassle-free.
Assignment 2: Leadership and Values
This exercise will help you to evaluate how values may impact leadership.
Read the situations outlined in Chapter 6 “What would you do? HIGHLIGHT 6.2” in your textbook. “Pasted Below” Choose one and write a 4-6 page paper considering the following points:
Use the following file naming convention:- LastnameFirstInitial_M2_A2.doc.
By Wednesday, September 25, 2013, deliver your assignment to the M2: Assignment 2 Dropbox.
|Assignment 2 Grading Criteria||
|Clearly explained the ‘rights’ and ‘wrongs’ of the chosen situation and articulated the principles used.||
|Described the ethical and unethical aspects of the chosen situation and the values used in making the determination.||
|Defined those aspects of being asked to take a stand against one’s own principles and explained the stressors affecting the decision.||
|APA and level of scholarly writing||
Here are several situations in which values play a large part in determining your response. How would you act in each one, and by what principles or reasoning process do you reach each decision?
• Would you vote for a political candidate who was honest, competent, and agreed with you on most issues if you also knew that person was alcoholic, sexually promiscuous, and twice divorced?
• Assume that as a teenager you smoked marijuana once or twice, but that was years ago. Would you answer truthfully on an employment questionnaire if it asked whether you had ever used marijuana?
• Your military unit has been ambushed by enemy soldiers and suffered heavy casualties. Several of your soldiers have been captured, but you also captured one of the enemy soldiers. Would you torture the captured enemy soldier if that were the only way of saving the lives of your own soldiers?
• Terrorists have captured a planeload of tourists and threatened to kill them unless ransom demands are met. You believe that meeting the ransom demands is likely to lead to the safe release of those passengers, but also likely to inspire future terrorist acts. Would you meet the terrorists’ demands (and probably save the hostages) or refuse to meet the terrorists’ demands (and reduce the likelihood of future incidents)?
• If you were an elementary school principal, would you feel it was part of your school’s responsibility to teach moral values, or only academic subject matter?
• Assume that you have been elected to your state’s legislature, and that you are about to cast the deciding vote in determining whether abortions will be legally available to women in your state. What would you do if your own strong personal convictions on this issue were contrary to the views of the majority of the people you represent?
Source: Adapted from G. Stock, The Book of Questions: Business, Politics, and Ethics. New York: Workman Publishing, 1991.
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more