I was losing sleep because of my essay and the writer saved me. Reliable service and skilled writers. Thank you so. much!
1. (TCO B) Describe the benefits of including the people who will be involved in performing the project when planning the project. (Points : 10)
2. (TCO E)
Part 1: What are some common barriers to team effectiveness? (15 points)
Part 2: Describe an example of a team project that would include barriers to success. (15 points) (Points : 30)
3. (TCO C) A project to remodel an office area has the following activities. (Hint: You will need to build an AIB diagram, perform a forward pass, and perform a backward pass to answer this question.)
What are the critical path activities? (5 points)
What is the project’s scheduled completion time? (5 points)
What is the slack or float for Activity A? Show your calculations. (5 points)
What is the slack or float for Activity E? Show your calculations. (5 points)
e) What is the slack or float for Activity F? Show your calculations. (5 points)
f) What is the slack or float for Activity G? Show your calculations. (5 points) (Points : 30)
4. (TCO A)
Part 1: Compare and contrast the responsibilities of a functional manager and a project manager in a matrix-type organization. (10 points)
Part 2: A company manufactures furniture. Which organization structure is the most suitable? Why? (10 points)
Part 3: An organization builds custom houses for urban-renewal areas. Which organization structure is the most suitable? Why? (10 points) (Points : 30)
5. (TCO D) A firm hosts data-mining servers and performs data mining for other companies that do not desire the costs of hardware, software, or expertise to data mine their data. The firm is planning to roll out faster data-mining software that will reduce the time to sift through customers’ data by a fraction of the present time.
Part 1: List and discuss the major risk-management functions from a project-management perspective for the data-mining software project. (15 points)
Part 2: Describe a risk event, the consequences, and the risk-response plan for the data-mining software project. (15 points)
6. (TCO F) Analyze and compare the costs of the two projects in terms of performance efficiency, budget, and schedule. Make sure to show your calculations and analyze and explain the results. (Note: Providing just numbers will receive only partial credit.)
Project A: The budgeted cost of work performed is $72,000, and the actual cost of work performed is $75,000. The budgeted cost of work scheduled is $73,000. (15 points)
Project B: The budgeted cost of work performed is $48,000, and the actual cost of work performed is $100,000. The budgeted cost of work scheduled is $122,000. (15 points)
7. (TCO B) An environmental consulting firm has been hired to clean up contaminated ground water beneath the site of a former chemical factory. The cleanup design process consists of evaluating several alternatives; preparing a conceptual design for the most appropriate alternative; evaluating the conceptual design by performing a small-scale pilot test on site; and, based on the results of the pilot test, preparing a final design. Installation of the cleanup system will be performed by subcontractors under the supervision of the consultant. Prior to installation, the consultant will work on setting up the subcontracts by preparing specifications, prequalifying installation contractors, reviewing all bids, and executing the contracts. The installation will consist of the following phases: recovery wells, piping, treatment equipment, and start up.
The consultant will also be responsible for system-performance monitoring, which consists of sampling the groundwater, monitoring wells on a quarterly basis, and sampling the groundwater treatment-system discharge.
Prepare a work breakdown structure (WBS) for this project with activities corresponding to a two-level task and subtask hierarchy. Number the WBS codes so that the level of each activity is clearly identified. Do not worry about indentation.
8. (TCO B) You are reaching the end of your graduate-school program, and you are planning a large party to celebrate your success! You have rented out the local forest preserve as the venue for your party. Applying your project-management skills, you want to ensure you have everything planned out, and you’ve asked your family and friends to be a part of your team to hold this party. At your party, you have made it clear to your team what you want to have delivered. After all, it’s your party–you can have whatever you want! Some of the key items you want at your party include
To ensure you have a clear scope for your team, create a 2-level WBS. Don’t forget to include your WBS numbering. (15 points)
In your WBS, how many work packages have been created? (10 points)
Delivering a high-quality product at a reasonable price is not enough anymore.
That’s why we have developed 5 beneficial guarantees that will make your experience with our service enjoyable, easy, and safe.
You have to be 100% sure of the quality of your product to give a money-back guarantee. This describes us perfectly. Make sure that this guarantee is totally transparent.Read more
Each paper is composed from scratch, according to your instructions. It is then checked by our plagiarism-detection software. There is no gap where plagiarism could squeeze in.Read more
Thanks to our free revisions, there is no way for you to be unsatisfied. We will work on your paper until you are completely happy with the result.Read more
Your email is safe, as we store it according to international data protection rules. Your bank details are secure, as we use only reliable payment systems.Read more
By sending us your money, you buy the service we provide. Check out our terms and conditions if you prefer business talks to be laid out in official language.Read more